DaisypathWedding Ticker

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Chair slips


Coming back to my thinking about how the RED hall chairs are going to stand out and clash so harshly with my soft turquoise colours....


Shane and Margaret had a great idea.... tell me what you think.... They once bought 100 white sheets for really cheap from hotels in Penticton for drop cloths for painting... What if I used that material (only the whitest of the white) to make EASY chair slip covers? I'm not talking about form-fitting, super sewen chair covers because that would be way too much work. If I could borrow one of the chairs from the hall for a month or so I could work on the project. I could cut the sheets to size, then lay a piece over the chair form it by hand to the shape I want... here is where it gets interesting... staple it in the shape... hear me out... and then flip the chair cover inside out and one would never know there were staples used... that is Shane's idea. Do you think it could work? Then I would use turquoise bows like shown in the previous posts and wrap them around the backs of the chairs.


1 comment:

Susie said...

I know I am opinionated... less work is better when it comes to wedding stuff. If you go to Westmister Rentals white chairs can be rented for I think about $1.20 per chair. So save some mula and tell the linden gardens you really wanted white chairs and you won't need to rent their chairs. Just a thought.... then you can wrap the ribbon around the white chairs if you want.

When is my wedding